So it’s been cold here in our neck of the woods for a while now and your furnace system isn’t really delivering in the way that you need it to… but when is enough enough?
Sometimes the line is hard to draw. On one of side of things, you have the prospect of trying to deal with a defunct heater for the rest of the winter and on the other hand, you might not want to go through the whole ordeal of switching to an entirely different heating system in your home. We understand that it can be difficult to switch from a furnace to a boiler, but it doesn’t have to be difficult with our team. Make sure you contact one of our HVAC contractors in Flower Mound, TX when you want work that’s going to keep you warm.
So… When Should You Make the Switch?
So let’s define when enough is enough—here are a few signs that you should give up your furnace system and make the switch to a boiler.
- Your heating bill has risen dramatically over the years
- Your furnace is between the ages of 10 and 15
- The cost of your equipment repair is steadily increasing
- The rooms throughout your homes are drastically different temperatures
- Your home has soot around the registers
- Your furnace is extra noisy (rattling, popping, humming, squeaking, or squealing)
- You’re repairing your heater constantly
- You’re never warm enough
All of these problems above might seem simple individually, but they really compile on top of each other and add up over time. You don’t have to deal with this type of furnace trouble. We understand that you might be comfortable with the furnace in your home and you might not have to go through the hassle of upgrading to a different system, but we’re going to make sure that the process is as easy as possible. Make sure you get in touch with our professionals when you want great work.
How to Choose the Best Boiler
So now that you know it might be time for you to upgrade to another heating system, how are you going to go about choosing the best boiler for your needs? There are so many factors that go into choosing a boiler in your home like the following:
- Sizing—you want a great boiler with the right BTUs (British Thermal Units)
- Efficiency Matters—make sure you’re getting the best AFUE rating so that you’re not wasting away energy.
- Fuel Types—Are you going to fuel your boiler with natural gas, propane, electricity, or oil?
- Your Venting Options—You’re going to need to choose between direct exhaust or sealed combustion.
So there are quite a few stipulations that you need to consider when you’re looking for a boiler. Luckily for you though, you don’t have to go through the process of choosing the right boiler for your home on your own. Make sure that you schedule an appointment with the professionals on our team. We’ll make sure that you have the best service possible.
Contact PRK Services, Inc. today to schedule an appointment with our professionals.